About the Transforming Children's Care Global Collaborative Platform
Building on joint efforts advocating for the 2019 UNGA Resolution and the Key Recommendations, and clear interest expressed by a broad group of actors to strengthen sectoral cooperation and collaboration, Better Care Network together with partners has established a new Global Collaborative Platform on Transforming Children’s Care. The overall vision for this new collaborative platform is to establish more strategic sector-wide collaboration spanning the global to the local level and inclusive of a wider range of stakeholders. It aims to enable organisations engaged in child protection and care reform to agree on common principles and approaches, leverage and build on one another’s work, secure greater and more sustainable impact, contribute to a shared learning agenda and undertake joint advocacy.
Much about the platform and how it is going to operate, what it will do and how it will work is to be determined and shaped through members' engagement and ideas. One of the key principles we have committed to in this process is to ensure that the global collaborative platform is open to all actors involved in children’s care, with active participation of self advocates (care leavers; parent advocates); disability organizations; faith-based organizations; local organizations/CBOs and other relevant communities and sectors.
There are a number of exciting opportunities for you to immediately get involved in shaping the collaborative platform throughout the development phase. We are going to start by building on existing efforts and at the same time create the space to start determining and shaping together the longer-term vision, aims, and ways of working for this new collaborative initiative.
Features of the Online Platform
This website (transformcare4children.org) provides the space for members of the Transforming Children's Care Global Collaborative Platform community to collaborate with one another by sending messages, creating groups and events, accessing resources, and sharing information about themselves and the work they are doing. Some of the features of this online platform include:
- Groups: This feature allows members of Working Groups, sub-groups, and task force groups to collaborate around a particular area or agenda. A range of features such as events, group stream, topics and messaging help engage the community and facilitate exchange.
- Events: This feature allows members to see a list of past and upcoming meetings, webinars, and other events. This includes community-wide events as well as Working Group-specific events.
- Resource Library: This feature collects all resources shared with the community, including meeting notes, terms of reference, webinar recordings, and other documents in one central location.
- Language: This feature allows members to translate the content of this online space into a language of their choice.
- Topics: This feature allows members to start discussions and share files within Working Groups and/or the wider community.
- Messaging: This feature allows members to send messages to one another directly. This includes group messages to more than one members.