About the Transforming Children's Care Global Collaborative
Building on joint efforts advocating for the 2019 UNGA Resolution and the Key Recommendations, and clear interest expressed by a broad group of actors to strengthen sectoral cooperation and collaboration, Better Care Network together with partners established the Global Collaborative Platform on Transforming Children’s Care. The overall vision for the collaborative platform is to establish more strategic sector-wide collaboration spanning the global to the local level and inclusive of a wider range of stakeholders.
It aims to enable organisations engaged in child protection and care reform to:
- agree on common principles and approaches,
- leverage and build on one another’s work,
- secure greater and more sustainable impact,
- contribute to a shared learning agenda and
- undertake joint advocacy.
The collaborative is open to all actors involved in children’s care and care reform, with active participation of:
- self advocates (care leavers; parent advocates);
- disability organizations;
- faith-based organizations;
- local organizations/CBOs;
- researchers; and
- other relevant communities and sectors.
Member engagement has and will continue to shape how the collaborative operates.
This online collaborative provides the space for members to collaborate with one another by:
communicating directly with each other,
creating groups and events,
accessing resources, and
sharing information about themselves and the work they are doing.